JUSTIS Meetings - August 27, 2015 - Minutes
Meeting Date: August 27, 2015 (All day)
Related Meeting Content:
JUS.T.I.S. Governance Council Minutes
August 27, 2015 from 9:30-11:00 A.M.
City Hall, Room 288, 1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place San Francisco, CA 94102
- Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 9:34 a.m. Present: District Attorney’s Office; Police Department; City Administrator’s Office; Adult Probation Department; Public Defender’s Office; Superior Court; Department of Technology; Department on the Status of Women Absent: Department of Emergency Management; Mayor’s Office; Juvenile Probation Department; Sheriff’s Department
- Adoption of Agenda - Action Item The agenda for the August 27, 2015 meeting was adopted.
- Adoption of Meeting Minutes - Action Item The minutes for the June 25, 2015 meeting were adopted.
- Executive Sponsor Update: City Administrator’s Office – Discussion JUSTIS is continuing to work with the Department of Technology on moving JUSTIS production to 1011 Turk Street by the end of December 2015. All the JUSTIS networking equipment needed to connect to the network at Turk Street has been set up. The JUSTIS team continues to work on upgrading JUSTIS to the new version of Oracle software. An Excel document was sent out to each department listing all of the transactions and reports that departments have requested JUSTIS to consider constructing prior to CMS decommissioning. The date to finalize and return this document is September 1st. A JUSTIS project plan will be provided at the next Council meeting.
- Technical Steering Committee Update - Discussion
The JUSTIS team has started developing Hub replacement transactions for the EAB and MAB transactions in CMS. The JUSTIS team continues to work on the upgrade to the new version of Oracle. The Sheriff’s Department was successfully migrated from running on physical blades to virtual blades. The JUSTIS Hub servers will also be migrated to virtual blades.
- Case Management System Updates – Discussion
Department on the Status of Women The Department on the Status of Women met with the Police Department, District Attorney’s Office, and community organizations to discuss service to high-risk victims of domestic violence. Stephanie Nygugen—who has attended most of the recent JUSTIS Council meetings on behalf of the department—is leaving city employment for a new opportunity. Juvenile Probation Not present. District Attorney The DA’s Office is working with their vendor to complete the XML for the integration of DAMION and the JUSTIS Hub. They are setting up training and test databases. Public Defender Nothing to report. Police Department TriTech will not continue to support the Police Department iCAD system. The department is pursuing an alternate contract with the individual at TriTech who provided this service. Sheriff’s Department Not present. Adult Probation Syscon will be the vendor for the Adult Probation Department’s new case management system. The department will go live with the Supervised Release File system on September 16th. They are planning to pilot the CA DOJ Smart Justice mobile application for 60 days. Superior Court The Superior Court will switch over to the new Traffic Court system on October 5th. Failure to appear warrants will no longer typically be issued for non-traffic citations.
- New Business
The meeting was adjourned at 10:55 a.m.