JUSTIS Meetings - January 22, 2015 - Minutes
Meeting Date: January 22, 2015 (All day)
Related Meeting Content:
JUS.T.I.S Governance Council Meeting Minutes
January 22, 2015
Start of Meeting: 9:31 a.m.
Departments Present: Adult Probation; District Attorney; Police; Public Defender; Sheriff; Superior Court; City Administrator
Absent: Emergency Management; Juvenile Probation; Department on the Status of Women
Minutes from Prior Meeting: Minutes from the meetings held on October 23, 2014 and December 4, 2014 were approved.
Executive Sponsor’s Update:
- The City Administrator’s Office introduced the new staff member who has been selected for the 1824 position. He starts on February 2, 2015. JUSTIS is now fully staffed.
- The City Administrator shared a draft budget and JUSTIS project organizational chart.
- New World Systems (NWS) has signed a new five-year maintenance agreement that will save approximately $500,000 over this time period.
- The District Attorney’s Office suggested that the Council examine the possibility of moving departmental Case Management Systems costs into the JUSTIS budget.
- The Mayor’s Office suggested that in the future the relationship between JUSTIS and COIT be examined.
Technical Steering Committee’s Update:
- Given as part of the HUB Activity report.
Case Management System Updates:
- JUSTIS is deploying the Proposition 47 updates and will be reaching out to departments to update the statute attributes.
- JUSTIS is working on the bi-directional connection to the DA CMS.
- JUSTIS is meeting with the departments on the definitions of domestic violence.
- JUSTIS is working with the Sheriff’s Department to get New World Systems to update JMS.
- JUSTIS is examining options for moving servers from the 5th floor of 200 Paul St. to either the 1st floor of 200 Paul St. or 1011 Turk St.
Department on the Status of Women:
- MOUs have been signed.
- The Public Defender test migration was moved from last weekend to this coming weekend.
- The Crime Data Warehouse development and production teams, previously under separate management, are now headed by the same project manager.
- SFPD will re-prioritize tasks with the Oracle team for production implementation.
- SFPD has the MOU paperwork from DA regarding data sharing.
- New World Systems (NWS) was not able to resolve the Citrix issue which prevented Sheriff’s software upgrade and patches for a year. JUSTIS will set up a new environment for this testing.
- For the SRF interface, the project manager is now dedicated to operational and IT implementation.
- No updates on the Case Management System.
- The Superior Court will start the criminal module development discussion with JUSTIS in November.
End of Meeting: 10:36 a.m.