About Vulnerability Management & Assessment
The Department of Technology offers subnet scans and a PDF report of the results to client departments as a generally funded service. The results will then be expunged from our system to make the service available to all departments.
Enhanced Vulnerability Assessment services allow for continuous scanning as a paid service. Continuous scanning includes persistent customized scan configurations that meet a variety of scenarios and needs. Please contact DT Security to discuss your options.
The San Francisco Department of Technology provides the following Vulnerability Management features:
- Real-time network monitoring
- Scheduled and Distributed Scanning
- Compliance reporting
- Single Management and Reporting Console
- Remediation Recommendations
A vulnerability assessment is the process of identifying, quantifying, and prioritizing the vulnerabilities present in a system. Assessments are typically performed according to the following steps:
- Cataloging assets and capabilities in a system
- Assigning quantifiable value, rank order or importance to those assets
- Identifying the vulnerabilities or potential threats to each asset
- Mitigating or eliminating the most serious vulnerabilities for the most valuable resources
Though it can be useful at any point the an event lifecycle,vulnerability assessment is best performed before an event occurs.